Liquid Landscape

Saturday, December 24, 2005

KVR Down Under


About two weeks ago, I got the good news that I would indeed make it back to Canada for Christmas. So with work winding up, I decided to take the weekend off and head out toward the wineries and the large hills that act as the eastern border of the city.

There was one trail I found which ran high above the city, meandering back and forth along a dried-up riverbed. The hike was actually set along an old railway, so that there were sections where the walls were blown out by dynamite, and even a closed section with a long dark tunnel. It reminded me alot of the KVR in Kelowna, with mountain bikers frequenting the solitude of the uninterupted track. Hey Jer...what's the status on the KVR anyhow? Are they rebuilding the tressles?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home