Liquid Landscape

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Wahoo Cones


I've been feeling rather lazy lately regarding making meals, and when it's not worth buying things like cooking oil, butter, and sugar for a 3 week trip, eating out usually wins over at the end of the day. I walked down the sidewalk to a close-by shopping district which is mostly filled with small surf shops, a little grocery, pizza joints, and my favourite - Star Fish restaraunt. On Wednesdays they have $5 Wahoo cones, which are these conical packages made of newspaper, and packed full of the best fish and chips I've ever tasted. They go a bit heavy on the salt, but I was able to moderate it with a beverage I dearly missed back in Canada - The local Redback.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    What a freakin' lifestyle! Admittedly, it doesn't sound super awesome being away from your love for that long...but aside from that, good livin'.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Delish! I'm so jealous! In my lifetime, the best fish 'n chips I've ever had came from a resort just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from Steve and Ang's place in Powell River. Come to think of it, they also have the best Mexican restaurant there too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home