Liquid Landscape

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mum and Bub

(Soph's post) - Ethan mostly likes to take 40 minute to 1 hour naps during the day (vs the 1.5 hours we read would be the norm -don't believe everything you read!). Occasionally I can catch him before he really goes into a meltdown (ie. Why have I been left alone in this room?!! Come get me NOW!), and he'll fall back to sleep in my arms for another half hour or so. Then I sit at the computer and play silly games (or write one-handed emails.)

It's hard to complain though, as he's basically been sleeping through the night since he was 6 weeks. We decided to make his last feed of the night a formula feed, and this carries him through till around 6 am. So we try to put him down at 8, and then do his "dream feed" at 11 pm. I'm making it sound easier than it is though, cause it took a couple of weeks of convincing him that when he woke up at 3am, that all he needed to do was go back to sleep.

Still not much sign of any real hair growth. It appears that he'll be a chrome dome for ahwile yet.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger l-tek-4 said…

    Anytime I hear about the sleep deprivation, it cures any wistful desires I have for another newborn....:) He's a cutie, though. And he WILL be sleeping through the night in a few months, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home