Liquid Landscape

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Perpetual Tornado

Sophie and I went out in search of a new park to sample our latest bottle of Margaret River red wine and to stare the sun down. I'm fascinated by the idea of open alcohol here, and must say that it appears to be a huge motivating factor for getting people away from the TV, and into the parks for picnics with friends and family. It's not that people are drinking heavily, but rather that they appreciate the social element of getting together and reaping the rewards of having some of the world's best vineyards in your backyard. For some reason, pop and juice just don't seem to have this ability to bond people. A magazine I was reading here mentioned that one of the recommended top 100 things to do in life, was to crush grapes with your feet. I currently have Jer looking into options for this in the Okanagan.

So here's a photo taken of the back of my head while we were hanging out in the park. The girl that was cutting my hair shortly after this photo was taken, was laughing at her inability to get my hair to straighten out in the back. I told her it was a "cow-lick", and she said, "Whatever...it just keeps wanting to go in circles". I've shaved my head as close to the scalp as it will go, and this thing keeps coming back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home