Liquid Landscape

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Noise Floor

The Dino show was alright, not epic...just alright. There was all this hype surrounding the return of the original members, and the fact that they were only playing tunes from the first 3 albums, but it ended up feeling forced. On their own, each member was tearing the stage up, but as a unit there was obvious friction which resulted in absolutely no stage presence. The volume was ear shattering loud, and the combination of heavy feedback on many of the original songs left many in the crowd fully clasping both ears about an hour into the set. Given that the club had all this residual heat from the 38 degree day, and still allowed smoking, we decided to hide out in the back for most of the show. Don't get me wrong...I still think this show rocked out. Anytime you can see a live band perform, where you know every single song, it's going to be good.

I was still working shifts during this time, so leaving the club at 12:30, and then driving to work at 3:00 am after a week of 15 hour days left me feeling rotten. It had to be done though, I'm not 30 yet.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jeremy said…

    Awesome that you caught that show out there...what an experience, despite the shortcomings.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Hey guys! I'm missing you! My hubby is going to be out that way next week. Maybe you can keep him company, if he has any time.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Develo said…

    Sorry Heather, haven't had much time to post for ahwile here. That...and dial up kept losing my photos when uploading, so I gave up. Expect a monster post later this week now that we're home.

    Let me know when Plett blows into town, and we'll hit the Rose & Crown. If his timing is right, maybe he can trade a limb for tickets to a Sens playoff game.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Greg,
    I don't know if Ryan has your number or your email, but he headed out your way this morning. He is hitting Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, so I doubt he'll have a tonne of time - but I think most of his evenings will be free. I'm sure if he has time to see you guys he'll call you. I would have loved to come along for the ride, but circumstances did not allow.

    Until we meet again...

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Develo said…

    Heather,

    I did send a return email to Plett (I guess you don't call him that) with phone number and address info. If I don't hear from him, I'll try his hotel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home