Liquid Landscape

Friday, March 03, 2006

You're Living All Over Me

Perth rockers are generally sour when it comes to pulling in the big rock bands, with most tours electing to skip the isolated city on the west coast. I'm surprised then at how lucky I've been to catch a couple of my favorite groups when in town.

Last July, the emo-punk band Anberlin ripped up the Lookout club, which is just crawling distance from our hotel. Tickets were outrageously overpriced at $40 a head, but the place was packed out, and the opening bands may have actually stolen the show. It turned out to be a memorable night, with good tunes, and an awesome venue situated along the beach and overlooking the palm trees.

This Sunday, my favorite band of all time is hitting Perth on a reunion tour. I've been listening to these guys since at least '88, when their skate rock was getting dubbed into some of the legendary skateboard video's of the era. Unfortunately, the band is coming together for admitted "monetary" reasons after a long and bitter period of separation, and I'm hoping they can rock-out just a solidly as they have in the past. And bonus - they are focusing the tour on the first 3 albums. Needless to say, I've been monitoring my messed-up work schedule like a hawk, trying to minimize the risk between the show selling out, or buying tickets and getting called in to work.

I'm still kicking myself for missin' the Crue last November.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    That's awesome Greg - hope you have a great time!

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger Ang said…

    Did you just say "the Crue"? I hope you're serious. Remember your Lionel Richie phase? (Or was it more than a phase?) I was raised on those LR songs you brought to our backyard fire one starry night in Rosenschnort.

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Develo said…

    Nah...that wasn't a phase. You just know that tunes like "Can't Slow Down" and "Easy" are timeless. I'd still be listening to Lionel if Jude didn't steal my tape.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home