Liquid Landscape

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Work goes up in flames

I had the opportunity to be part of something last night that thankfully doesn't happen too often. You may have already seen the video on Youtube, but if not, the very short clip shows what the launch company PR people like to refer to as "an anomoly" for damage control. Needless to say, I got to go home early on this mission. What impressed me most, was how quickly the webcast director knew things were going very badly, and yanked the feed - you can actually see the rocket fall onto the platform just before the big explosion.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! Glad I wasn't responsible for that one. The camera guy could have roasted marshmallows from where he was!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Neat. So can I forward that to people and say "I know the guy that f--d that up", or are you going to claim that wasn't your fault?!
    plett

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Lyle Siemens said…

    There can only be one person to blame for that horrific event and to think that he is my cousin???!!By the way, nice baby, how did you manage that one without catastrophic failure? Seemed to turn out pretty perfect if you ask me.
    Lyle

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Develo said…

    Although it would be epic to claim responsibility for something of that magnitude, my role comes into play a little later on.

    Some great photo update's of the charred Odyssey platform getting towed to shore:

    http://www.sea-launch.com/mission_nss-8/nss-8-in-port.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home